1. THE DAILY BREEZE—Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA—Mahler's 4th Symphony .. "Her interpretation and overall technique were absolutely captivating."
2. Maestro Joseph Valenti—Music Director and Conductor, The Peninsula Symphony…”gave an excellent performance of Mahler’s 4th Symphony under my direction. She is studious, attentive, and works very hard.. She was loved by the audience and had a standing ovation as well.”
3. LOS ANGELES TIMES—Irvine Barclay Theater, Orange County, California…Concert with other soloists “SOLID” performance . Orange county Chamber Orchestra under the direction of Micah Levy.
4. THE DUPAGE JOURNAL—Rosina in The Barber of Seville- “Brickman’s powerful mezzo voice is expressive, articulate with clear agile lines”.
5. SAN FRANSICO CHRONICLE—“Larger than life as Baba The Turk…”
6. SAN JOSE LIVING—” Roberta Brickman’s Baba the Turk was a riot of energy and humor complimented by a fearless approach to Stravinsky’s demanding vocal writing. Brickman gave a vocally solid, highly entertaining performance… with a lush sensual tone.."
7. SFCV.org—"Roberta Brickman, a petite and convincing Baba The Turk….she dominated the Auction scene with a mix of broad comedy and grandeur. Like Leerhubert, she sang with a fine sense for words and drama: her solemn warning to Anne,'Then find him, and his man beware;' stood out clearly…"
8.Irene Dalis—General Director—Opera San Jose… “A true mezzo-soprano, her rich timbre and wide range was utilized with intelligence and ease in a most challenging role. Ms. Brickman has excellent comic timing and at the same time brings out a human warmth that reads beautifully. In this role, that is uniquely difficult, she demonstrated a command of the stage that was essential to the success of the opera. She was a true asset to the production.”
9. Joanne Falletta—Conductor and Musical Director. I Sang twice at the VIRGINIA SYMPHONY..” In response to my CD. “You have an exquisite voice.. I do hope that we will have a collaboration…”
Copyright © 2020 Roberta Brickman - All Rights Reserved.